Robot

Ok, so I’m back at it with another robot. I’m starting with just the head for now and here’s what I’ve got so far.

It’s just a sketch at this point; I plan on completely redoing it. I’m looking for some suggestions on the overall design and ideas for details. I know the topo stinks–that’s why this is just a sketch :smiley:

Also, @ndy’s “creature” is partly to blame for the inspiration, but I’m too impoverished to actually buy the DVD. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to get the glow effect in the seams…

Important, but totally unrelated: Does anyone know when Sebastian Konig plans on finishing his fly tut? I started an ant and a spider and I’m left hanging…

So yeah, input please if you have the time to waste :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

-blue

Dude that’s sweet! Definately has the star wars feel to it, I’d recommend making it a shiny silver material and then giving it cyan colored eyes. Remember, character is what you want, if he’s nice and innocent, give him merciful eyes. If he’s not…give him as mean of a look as you can.

looks like a great start!
ill be around :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! I’ll admit, I didn’t have startwars in mind. Like I’ve already mentioned, @ndy’s creature (what’s his name again?) is part of the inspiration. The shape of the head was inspired by alien (from AVP) and the rest was inspired my my own inpiring sense of creativity :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, any design input anyone feels like bestowing upon me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update!

C&C away :smiley: