Rocket 3F bridge to Blender

Hay guys, there is new Polygonal Modeler Rocket 3F. Its free, and has Bridge to Blender.
It has very fast and simple workflow.

Check it:

2 Likes

Nah.

I’ve only just picked up Blender and making some good headway. There’s no way I have the time to check out another free modeller.

Sorry :frowning:

Thanks for the tip. Didn’t even know this one existed! Could be another useful tool in one’s tool-belt. The tricky part is having the time to learn it.

I’m assuming you’re the developer, and all I can say is: I’d buy an addon that ported some of Nvil/Voidworld/Rocket3F’s tools and methods of interaction to Blender.

Oh, I think Bridge, is maximum what we can do to connect Rocket 3F and Blender :slight_smile:

What render engine does Rocket use?
How competitive is it with Luxcore, Corona, Cycles? Are there Custom Normals, Bevel Shader?

Does Rocket have a library of objects, materials, etc. and is it possible to fill it promptly independently?

Does the material manager have functions for cleaning duplicate materials and deleting unused materials?

When working in conjunction with Moi, what files are exchanged between programs? Do you need to paint the corrected part again after making edits?

I’m talking about an addon that recreates NVil’s modeling toolset, with the hotkey+lmb/mmb/rmb/etc functionality, and it’s smart modeling tools (inset/outset, for instance).
I had to switch away from Voidworld/Nvil because it’s just too limited for my work, but I still miss its multi-component selection and its better redo, its selection highlighting, its loop/ring/whatever selection, its option to turn off edges/grid/etc while rotating the viewport… so much :smiley: I just miss my setup, heh.
I’d just want to be able to pay to get all of that inside of blender. I understand that you’ve got your own codebase, and you use a Microsoft library or other for interface etc, so you may not be comfortable with Blender’s codebase, but I’d love to see it anyway!

Hay dez1gner,

What render engine does Rocket use?

How competitive is it with Luxcore, Corona, Cycles? Are there Custom Normals, Bevel Shader?

Rocket has very simple, basic, but nice render engine, it is not as powerful as Renders you mentioned, and it has no custom normal and bevel shades.

Does Rocket have a library of objects, materials, etc. and is it possible to fill it promptly independently?

Rocket has good libraries of Materials and Mat Caps. And you can add your own materials and mat caps.
It has no object library.

Does the material manager have functions for cleaning duplicate materials and deleting unused materials?

Yes.

When working in conjunction with Moi, what files are exchanged between programs? Do you need to paint the corrected part again after making edits?

It transfer .obj if you make some changes to your object you must retransfer it to MoI or Rocket 3F.

Hay Michael_Knubben,
Nice to see that you have such a good knowledge of NVil workflow :slight_smile: And yes it is impossible to port Rocket tools to Blender it is different worlds :slight_smile:

I was working with Nvil for 1-2 years. Would also love to see some modelling features from there in blender. The best for me was the feature with transform as long you hold key on tabular it locks axis. In general this feature as long you hold key you perform action, if you release it stops. It saves so many confirm clicks. Miss this in blender.

1 Like

Hay people, check new Portable version of Rocket 3F:
https://www.rocket3f.com/kunena/updates/5524-rcoket-3f-portable

Hay. new version of Rocket 3F is here:
https://www.rocket3f.com/kunena/updates/5547-version-1-8-1

I’d like to restate that I’d love to see you tackle an addon to make Blender’s tools interaction more like Voidworld! You seemed to have taken my request to mean ‘copy paste the code’, and I ofcourse understand that’s not possible. What I’m asking instead is for you to take your considerable understanding of the modeling workflow in Voidworld, which works wonderfully, and to implement it in Python as a Blender addon.

I might be wrong, but I find it hard to believe Rocket is growing, I can’t remember when I last heard about it. While I do find this to be sad, I myself also moved away because modeling-only software appealed less and less to me, and fit in my workflow in an awkward way.
This might be a way to take your great UX designs and make money from them in another way

Hay Michael,
I think bridge between Rocket and Blender is the only thing that is available for now. I am not sure about such a close integration like integrate NVil or Rocket inside Blender.

Hay, new version of Rocket 3F 1.9 is here:

• UI stuff were fixed

• Tools bugs were fixed

• Hotkeys bugs were fixed

Download:

www.rocket3f.com/kunena/getrocket3f/1953-download#6374

1 Like