Rogue's Energy Blade

Here’s my take on prompt #3!

I’m actually really proud of the topology this time. There are a few issues, but for the most part, I was able to maintain a smooth subdivision surface while creating relatively complex shapes. It was great practice!

Alternate view:

(I used an hdri from polyhaven, and the text and power button were made in affinity designer. Everything else was done in blender.)

6 Likes

Great job! The render looks very good and your topology is beautiful! I have two questions for you. First what resources do you use for topology and secondly I’m new here so it might be silly but how did you switch between these 2 images?
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Honestly, it depends on what you’re going for, but there’s a couple of youtubers I recommend watching. Grant Abbitt has some great tutorials on the subject. For hard surfaces and booleans, I recommend looking at Josh Gambrell. A lot of the techniques I used in this project were based on his methods.

To create an image comparison slider, click the star icon in the toolbar, then replace the highlighted text with two images.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!

1 Like