Roman Baths

Bath is known for its famous ruins, the Roman Baths, where the name ’ Bath ’ originated. This artwork is focused on the Great Bath, the centerpiece of the Roman Baths, with a surrounding terrace built when they opened at the end of the 19th century, the original vaults are long gone. The hot spring water is a turquoise color under the influence of sunlight and algae, like a piece of emerald. The exposed underground circulation heating structure shows us the wisdom of the ancient Romans. It was a bathing and social center and a place of worship for the goddess Sulis Minerva. Walking around the ruins, you can glimpse the daily lives of ordinary people in ancient Rome thousands of years ago.

Made with Blender

Detail1

Detail2

Detail3

Detail4

Clay render

Animation

Process

Thanks for watching my work! :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Very nice work Yao! :blush:

1 Like

This is gorgeous and well researched. :slight_smile: It’s too easy to imagine the Romans living in a world colored only by grey stone and brick – but here you’ve shown us how colorful their world probably looked. I really like how you showed the Hypocaust under the pool. Your birds are adorable!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you! The Roman Baths exhibition was wonderfully set up and it took me back to ancient Roman times. Highly recommended! :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you, Bart! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Great work! Love the colors and the seagulls. :green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, Metin! :laughing:

1 Like