Rotation axis

there is a function that return the same value of this (the one in bold):

[bpy.ops.transform.rotate(value=(-0.488107,), axis=(0.099875, -0.947694, -0.303153), constraint_axis=(False, False, False), constraint_orientation=‘GLOBAL’, mirror=False, proportional=‘DISABLED’, proportional_edit_falloff=‘SMOOTH’, proportional_size=1, snap=False, snap_target=‘CLOSEST’, snap_point=(0, 0, 0), snap_align=False, snap_normal=(0, 0, 0),

i think is view location or rotation… but i don’t know to access to it!

hmm, if the rotate is executed the axis is used and now you want to find it back?
I think that is only possible if you have the world_matrix saved before the rotation and try to find out what the rotation axis was
to transform the old to the new …

i never used the world matrix and i don’t know how it can be used…

the problem is that i want implement the auto rotation function similar when you have a face selected and you use CTRL + LMB to extrude a face, in my script. for the moment i’ve used

bpy.ops.transform.rotate(value=(angle,) axis (var))

where “angle” is the angle between face center and mouse location and var is the vector take by a function that return the actual view rotation or location( i don’t know)

ok did it! PKHG you give me the inspiration. i used the perspective matrix to find wich index is equal to the “rotation axis” and it seems to be the third index…

the code is

bpy.context.space_data.region_3d.perspective_matrix

Do not understand, but important you solved your problem :evilgrin: