Royal Chambers (Dune tribute)

This is a speedrun scene made initially as a new path guiding algorithm test. I will post these results in PG thread.

Almost all of the assets are made with Geometry Nodes.
For anyone interested in more details - here is a short WIP thread: Royal Chambers (Dune tribute) [WIP]

24 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hey! Thank you very much @bartv !

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @bartv !
Appreciate it very much.

1 Like

Awesome picture. It looks very busy, in a good way. All these textured reflective surfaces kinda challenge my reading, but it looks rich, really rich. I think I saw a wip render earlier that looked a little more dim, and maybe I liked that better. Anyway, it’s a really cool picture.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks!

There is a saying that money can’t buy you a taste :wink:

The WIP render was in fact dimmer. This is because almost all light in this scene is caustic based and with lower samples not many paths have been discovered. Final render took 12h and I increased PG training samples to 512.

2 Likes

This image is just really pretty. I keep coming back to look at it because it’s just fascinating.

I glanced at your geo nodes and that’s also impressive. Something I definitely want to spend more time with.

1 Like

Hey, thanks @unskilled !
Geometry Nodes can be intimidating at first but when you grasp the basic concepts they become really powerful tool. Definitely worth putting in the learning effort.

1 Like