Run little thing,... Run

I’m working on creating a rig with some features that I like, and so, to check the legs, I created this little 2 legs character and wanted to play with it!

One of the main feature that I’m working on is to have the legs and arms being divided in 3 bones instead of 2, one small bone at the knee and the elbow! it’s something that I was doing in maya and I like a lot more how it deforms when bend to a 180deg.

here is a video showing a bit of the setup to have this 3 bones bending:

the first chain you see is a normal 2 bones bending and it’s the one that is driving the 3 bones system. then you can see how the 3 bones bend, and it’s results on the character… For now there are not even a shape key on the thigh but we can see that it avoids already a lot of intersection!

Hope you like this little test!

Mathias.

Dude! The way he balances at the first turn, reaaallly nice!

top quality animation!

thank you @Proud and @elbriga! :slight_smile:

I love weight in animation and I always try to give that feeling! I’m sure it could have been better, but I didn’t want to spend too much time either!

Thank you again!

Mathias.

This is great. I can really feel him struggling to balance on the first turn and trying not to slip on the second.
Great work!

thank you @sizle95! :slight_smile: I’m glad that you felt all of that in the animation, it’s definitely what I wanted to achieve.

On the rigging side, I wanted to show a little bit more about that system that I’m working on:

here is a video showing a bit of the setup to have this 3 bones bending:

the first chain you see is a normal 2 bones bending and it’s the one that is driving the 3 bones system. then you can see how the 3 bones bend, and it’s results on the character… For now there are not even a shape key on the thigh but we can see that it avoids already a lot of intersection!

:slight_smile: