Ryzen 7 2700X vs Ryzen 5 3600 for Blender

Hi guys, I’m building a PC for Blender. Nah, it will be for general purpose as well, little gaming, but mostly and main for Blender. I’m not professional, has no tight dead lines, just a big enthusiast and Blender lover and not so often, from time to time, has some freelance “blendering”, but these are mostly video editing (using other software as well).

I already bought MSI B550 Tomahawk MOBO, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB and 2x 16GB modules of Corsair 3200MHz RAM.

Still remains to buy GPU, CPU, PSU, Case and maybe some custom cooler.

GPU will definitely be GTX1650 ( Zotac ZT-T16520F-10L or Asus DUAL-GTX1650-4G, didn’t decided yet). Ok, yes, yelling on me, but this is my budget at the moment and I cannot afford more right now.

The question is: which one CPU from title is better for Blender? I already read over the internet and it seems that R7 2700X has better multitasking, but not so much, slightly. But from other side, it seems that R5 3600 is much better in single core performance. From third side, R5 3600 is $300 for me at the moment and R7 2700X is $245. Yes, I know these prices are high, but this is the only option for me at the moment, cause I’m buying this with deferred payment (1 year period, monthly payment).

So the question is simple: Will R5 3600 worth $55 more or R7 2700X is also good for enthusiast non-professional.

Many thanks in advance, every opinion is welcome.

Hi.
I think those two CPUs are quite similar in performance, you will be fine with either of them. Maybe the Ryzen 7 3700X is a bit faster compared to those other two, but also a bit more expensive.
So I would say that you get the best offer/price you can get from any of them.

Thanks for follow up!
Yup, I know, but if I go that line, I would quickly come to some Threadripper and I would love that :slight_smile: but unfortunately have to put line above of R5 3600 because of cost. Even R5 3600 is “above budget” at the moment, but I would sacrifice one or two things if it is much better for Blender.
I am also not the native English speaker, as you can see :slight_smile: