SackBoy Model (W.I.P)

Just something I threw together in just over an hour. Not much to say really, just felt like modelling the character to stay loose, as I haven’t done any modelling in a while. May rig, who knows. Still working on textures so far, but more updates someing soon. Comments and Crits as always :slight_smile:

Sackboy Textured (basic) and Untextured ver.

Turnaround

Wireframe, Subsurf and low poly!

Enjoy Guys :smiley:

Nice model, nice materials! I could almost see this guy being rigged for a short. The worst part, I think, (which isn’t saying much) is the UV mapping. You might be able to solve this and add some detail/spice to the character by making purposeful, stylized seams, where he might actually be stitched together if he were made from cloth. There’s no way the texture is going to map cleanly without showing some seams; if you can’t beat’em (and the geometry says we can’t), then hide’em with style.

agreed! around the top of his head (and other UV seam areas) add some stitching to make it look a bit better. other that that, maybe some holes on the eyes and put some thread through them aswell.

I have never played the game myself but from what I have seen this is very close! did you use a reference? Awesome job with it.

Did anybody read my description at all lol. the texture is far from finished, this is just a rough ‘cube’ mapped texture. Its not UV at all lol. The texture is the most important part to sell the character. This current texture is just to give a rough feel for the character. Thats why this is w.i.p lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I have a download?

I need a download for a project I’m working on, I’ll post the result too!