Sacred Retreat

This project has always held a special place in my creative aspirations, following my earlier work on “The Temple.” However, at that time, I found myself grappling with the challenge of accurately depicting the intricate ancient Burmese ornaments.

The centerpiece of this artwork is inspired by the magnificent “Bagaya” monastery, situated in Inwa, Mandalay, Burma. The historical structure, primarily constructed from teak wood, showcases the splendid essence of ancient Burmese architectural styles.
For some ornaments parts, I just generate the bump map and did some extruding beveling edges. It’s a pretty neat trick and worked just fine for my project.

As for an easter egg, I added this prepared coconut and bananas to offer when worshipping to a certain god or Buddha called “Kantau Pwai”.

Alright, back to the overall project, the lighting was pretty challenging for me since I want that light rays pointing the Shrine but no too much forested look. So I rendered out two different mist passes: one for masking out the light rays and one for the adding mist in the composting.

Here’s the AO pass.

Here’s the before and after of post-processing.

Alright. Thanks for your time. You can also support me by following me on Instagram, I will be very grateful. [@itskhant](https://www.instagram.com/itskh4nt/)
13 Likes

Beautiful! - Love your work!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot

1 Like