Sacred Scarab necklace UPDATED (Luxcore 2.5 Blender 2.92)

I worked the extra mile correcting details. The jewel now sits on the ground.
During post prod, I came across the grey version. Let’s call it my favorite, I finally made it look like an old photo, egyptian style.

4K sepia

4K color

What follows is the initial post:
Months ago, I designed a scarab. It was there, waiting for its deserved render. I forgot about it. But a couple of days ago, I was watching a cartoon, and one of the episodes was about a sacred scarab! And I remembered, my scarab! Scene created with Blender 2.92 - I designed the scarab in early november using 3Design Cad Pro v9.511

Its a gold scarab with enamels, lapislazulis, garnets, a pearl and an amethyst. All materials made with Luxcore 2.5

I sculpted and modeled the entire scene. Ground, rocks, moos, bubbles, flowers, braches, all created for the special occasion. The sparks are part of the 3D scene as small volumetric with emission objects.

Yet again the scene took the same time to create than designing the jewel. Creating high jewellery designs and manufacturing them is already challenging. Nonetheless, I dedicate in such a way to my renders as much as possible the art form way. And that’s neat, double neat. This sacred scarab found it’s most deserved surroundings. Enjoy the design of the jewel as much as the final render.

4K render 2000 samples Luxcore 2.5

The final image has only very slight stains corrections and the sparks were enhanced with Painter.

I made two live sessions about creating this scene with Blender 2.92 and Luxcore 2.5, you can watch that there https://youtu.be/QaNmFd1hcCU and there https://youtu.be/qkgvfrmvbmQ

Views of some stages of the render

Some other views

12 Likes

Final image is stunning! It’s a beautiful necklace - nice work!

3 Likes

Very kind of you, thanks. Making this design was very rewarding creatively. The wings of the scarab can open. I hope to make a small animation soon.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Happy New Year Bart! Thank you, may you have a wonderful year :tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball: