Sago should start a webcomic featured on blendernation

Dude, I know. I know.

The orchestra got me literally TEN MINUTES before that concert and were like, oh no our harpist bailed on us. So I had to sight read the harp/piano part without rehearsal or haven looked at the score, as part of a full orchestra in front of hundreds of people. The look I have that everyone thinks is pensive thought is in reality nervous concentration to avoid coming in at the wrong spot.

Oh and it was a totally worthless fantasy on Greensleeves.

Icoxo:
Please edit your post if you don’t want cursing because those are just as bad as the real thing. I’m 100% serious here.

How are they as bad as the real deal, I’m just trying to encourage the use of alternative words. I have not seen them written in stone that they are profanity unlike the words they replace nor have I seen them get people in trouble or raise movie and TV show ratings.

Yeah, Sago, you should at least try it out and see if you like it. Though I think you do anyway considering the amount of creativity and style (and HUMORS!!!) there is in your works. Just like one of your “Valarking’s dog” picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sago/Pics/VKing-approval.jpg

(off-topic)

This is exactly why I don’t give a damn about censorship (of the cursing words) cause everybody (even many kids as young as 10 (I’ve knew those words back then and so did most kids i knew)) already knows what you are replacing and in this way you might as well cuss out loud. Just cause a few letters are arranged in a certain way doesn’t mean that it is bad for ppl to use it cause it is the context of the sentences that truly insults. what about flippin? freakin? blightly? floppin? do these makes you mad? no I don’t think so but these words has the exactly same meaning as the words that you so hates in the way you says it. All this mean is that you are being anal about letters instead of the whole way of saying it. That is not a good way to protest cursing (and whatever else u protests too).

Now i’m done with the mini-rant above, I do suggest that we do refrain from cussing too just cause there are people that nags and nags the adms and mods about arrangement of letters and they may be forced to lock the thread if we don’t stop doing what the whiner are nagging them about.

(off-topic done)

I say we should commission Sago to do some. I would throw in some $$$ if people were willing and Sago was committed.

Seriously.

okay i’ll play along… edits first post

Hmmm, swearing. Yes, it is a cultural oddity that some arrangements of letters (let’s face it, all words are “invented”) are considered bad while others, used in the same context, are often acceptable. That’s life guys - some things are acceptable in some places, others aren’t. Just as we all know adults have sex but we don’t usually accept them doing it in the local shopping mall on a busy Saturday afternoon.

That said, I think the point has been made that enough people are concerned about it for others to consider their opinions if the forum is to remain as we like it. Hell, even Super Woman - WuMan, wuman, wu-man - whatever he is this week, has asked for such consideration!!! :slight_smile: Anyway, as far as I can see, most people accept the request except that one person is still telling us to “screw the violin” and frankly, if one of my kids said that they’d be pretty unhappy at my response :wink:

Now on to the real issue. Sago - snap to it boy! You don’t just have the artistic ability, you’ve got the warped sense of humour to make the artwork worthwhile. Just do it! (I need some new characters to steal)

I knew it. As soon as you saw my style you thought you had to have it. I’ve patented it though so I expect a monthly fee for all the ladies it attracts. :cool:

I agree with that. Maybe the forum should have a censor again but not one that only works for dick (like Wu’s mom :smiley: - ok, ok we stopped that).

I actually think it would be a good way to encourage guys to the shopping. :slight_smile: Ironically, their partners would then never let them.

for your reference, this IS the Off-topic forum.

(on-topic)
Nice idea. go ahead Horace Morse!

Jacco;

Eh. This started out in News & Discussion, which is where I made that point.

On the swearing front, it’s not that ten year olds haven’t heard (or even use) the language. One of the points is that this whole forum is intended to be an exchange of artists that is appropriate for most audiences. Kids 9-15 getting into Blender and 3D… parents shoulder-browse and see stuff like this… well, that’s the end of this “Blender” stuff for you young man. It’s not the only reason, and not sufficient in itself. There are plenty of places you can go on if you want to just cut loose.

And I love tacos.

shouldn’t it say “moved” in the topic then?

Jacco;

It does, but in news and discussions, i.e. where it originated from…

hmm, crap, should have know that…

back on topic people :expressionless:

how are things Horace Morse?

Jacco;

That’s one thing I agree on, some forums are just full of people who would welcome swearing in every post of yours. But three reasons to avoid swearing here.

1). There’s people as young as 10 here.
2). There’s people here that get offended or just don’t like to see swearing
3). This is the official user board for a rapidly growing program called Blender.

Oh well… in one of my previous sigs I had a line that said something like “Just because others use vulgarity to make a point doesn’t mean you have to stoop to their level.” I believe that’s a good maxim for life in general.
However, I find it more than vulgar when someone (especially someone who has demonstrated an inability at self-control) assumes the right to tell others what’s right and what’s wrong and makes a point of doing it at every opportunity in every possible thread. Even more disrespectful than swearing is this moral crusade that constantly hijacks other peoples’ threads.

%<

Very well put, let me re-state that in bold, underlined, and italic text so that everyone will notice it more.

Even more disrespectful than swearing is this moral crusade that constantly hijacks other peoples’ threads.

Oh dear, I can see this swearing thing going as far as the old “Campaign against nudity”. Think about it Icoxo.

I reckon a Sago webcomic is a great idea, a nice highlight for his talents and the blender community spirit. It could also be used as a fun method of delivering blender news with a community slant.

Alex

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sago/Pics/No-Title.jpg

First person to guess what this image means, I’ll make a drawing out of him/her

This thread is going nowhere?

We have a winner! Congratulations. Your prize will posted here withing 24 hours (if this thread survives that long).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sago/Pics/No-Title.jpg

First person to guess what this image means, I’ll make a drawing out of him/her

Would this be classified as his first comic?