sails and water

Has any one seen a good tutorial on fluids for 2.48? I can’t seem to figure out the drops, floats and tracer. I’ve read Tony Mullen’s chapters on fluids in his book "Bounce, Tumble, and Splash, and it just isn’t working. I think it may be because the book refers to 2.46. I think I can make this image much more believable if I could incorporate some foaming bubbles. Any ideas?

Attachments

Ok, forget the fluids question. Does any body have any comments or suggestion on this as a blender model? I have been working for weeks now trying to get the water just right and I think I am going to give up for now. I have it as thin as I can get it and as big as I can get it. If I try to get any particles in play, they just look too big for this scene. I do have a lot of things going on here besides the water. I’ve made use of non mesh items such as bezier curves to position the rope and make some of the hardware including the tiller (steering wheel). I also have the sails as soft bodies with an empty set up as wind. Any feed back at all would be greatly appriciated. Keep in mind I know a figure steering the ship would help. Lets say it’s a ghost ship for now

Attachments