Sam Larusso, Cobra Kai Fanart

Personal project inspired with Sam Larusso (Mary Mauser) from Cobra Kai TV Show. Done in Blender, rendered with EEVEE. Had a great time watching the show and modeling Sam :slight_smile: .

35 Likes

I like it! :slight_smile: Never seen the show, but the model is very pleasent to the eye! Nice Job!

1 Like

Thanks, really glad You like it. Maybe this character motivates You to check some episode of the TV Show :smiley:

Great movies :smiley:

My preferences
Change the lighting and it’s direction, half face hidden on shadowing is not so great, i would prefer to see clearly the character.
Also change it’s head to look to the camera would be better perhaps
Some simple texture pattern with normal map on clothes would really make it lot more interesting
For the floor , some sand place with some rocks and bonzais around , or some Dojo background and floor would also make it look more interesting and bring more context
The Kobra kai log could also pop up some more with some more color

But it’s already a great character blockout and sculpt :+1:

1 Like

Agree with comments. There is a lot of room for improvements, but I felt it quite nice already. And it’s a time for go forward to the next projects :smiley:

Looks so good. I love how you managed to capture so powerful expression on her face. Great work!

1 Like

Thank You. I spend the most of my time to do good facial expression and pose.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Whoops, I forgot to add the link!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

That’s nice. Could you maybe make the young version (Vietnam Days) of Kreese? I like the Origins Story at the last episode where they got their dojo name.

1 Like

This looks great !!
I like the dynamic pose. Did you rig that to pose it?
And how did you join all the body parts in the end, especially the fingers?
I am practicing sculpting right now and always have problems with joining parts that are close to each other.

Fingers I joined into single object, then used boolean to connect it with hand. I don’t use rig, pose was made using simple translations for each segment. More about my workflow You can find at Blendernation.com: https://www.blendernation.com/2020/12/02/behind-the-scenes-teenage-witch/

I got also some request for Miguel. I rarely do male characters but why not… Any more suggestions for next character?

hey I’m new to blender and I really liked your project !
so when did you start blender and how long it took you to finish this project?

Very cool, love the stylized shapes and the dynamic pose!

1 Like

1 Like

I started with Blender loooong time ago, since version 2.4. But for last 2 years I’m using it more regular, for making 3d characters. This project took 4-5 days to finish.

Never seen the tv show but it looks really good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like