Samurai lady

here’s one of the artstation challenge characters i decide to do.
sculpted: zbrush
textured: Blender, substance painter and photoshot
the haircards was pretty much all in blender
and finally rendered in Marmoset toolbag just because i am more comfortable there :slight_smile: hope you guys like it !

Thumbnail

31 Likes

nice work !!!

1 Like

Very good! Great work. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

alf0 thanks
artavenue thnk you !

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

PS: I added a crop that works better for the featured row - see the hidden ‘thumbnail’ section in your post.

1 Like

These are amazing renders.

My only problem is that it seems that her shoulder tattoo is more often in focus than her eyes. On the wide, profile shots, it’s not a big deal, but on any of the upper body crop shots I can’t concentrate on her face, which is where my eye wants to go, I keep getting led elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m years away from ever producing something like this, but as someone who looks at a lot of photographs daily, the lack of focus on the eyes is a little unsettling.

1 Like

Thanks a ton Bart :smiley:

1 Like

yeah i know lol…but my focus wasnt too much presentation but more overall and the mindset was how it would be in a game lets say…but i do feel lke the tattoo is a bit too dark :slight_smile:

As I said, this is far beyond anything I could ever do, it’s simple astounding work, but I’d love to see a render of a close up with the eyes in focus.

As for the tattoo, the shading part looks great, but yes, overall a bit too dark. My other concern would be that some of the actual outlines are too thick, almost paint-brushy, if you know what I mean. Tattoo lines are typically very well defined and not really rounded at all, unless that’s the style.

Listen to me, typical musical critic; slating the album whilst not even able to strum a chord :smile: (I actually can, but the metaphor was apt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

1 Like

na man i love people that can see every detail thats wrong XD make me improve :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So sic! Good job!

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Looks great! Any tips or tricks you can share on the hair card generation?

1 Like

Great work!!

1 Like

i used the hair tutorial from this guy and just applied it in blender https://gumroad.com/nimlot26