Samurai vs. Velociraptor

Hello! After using Blender mostly in my day job I finally managed to finish a new hobby project. The idea had been floating around in my head for years but I never got around to it. Originally this was also a camera test for my new Panasonic GH6, which we shot during early summer. I wanted to have this short released before Jurassic World Dominion came out. Alas, life and work got in the way and it took me this long to finish it. There are still a lot of small things I would want to refinde but it was time to let go. I hope you have fun watching!

The model is by Jean-yan BABOIS and I got it from Blender Market. Great model, I just don’t like the rig setup for the tail. But otherwise I love it and might use it again soon.

7 Likes

Haha! I like it!
Good acting and the VFX was surprisingly good! :yum:

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nicely made! But… not the smartest Samurai. One should always check for more raptors before going all post-fight-meditative, I would’ve thought that common knowledge. Let this be a warning to other raptor-battling Samurai.
Jokes aside, excellent work! The human-dinosaur interaction looks great, not composed.

1 Like

Yes, I intended this partly as a PSA for other dinosaur-hunting Samurai. Glad you caught the message! :smile:

And thanks!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Never two without a third.

1 Like