Sand particle question

Hi All,

In this test I’m using small sized planes as particles, instead of cubes. Is there a better primitive to use?

1. in the first third of the video the particles on the hand do an odd spinning in place movement, then act as I thought they should towards the end.
  2. When the particles collide with the block they shoot off at the velocity they collide at. (you’ll see the sticking on the back of the block, that I tried to use to control this as the hand moves through the block.)
  3. there is also a particle system on the block which start about 30 frames in and it is shooting out it’s particles in blocky spinning chunks as well.
  4. You’ll also see the hand verts at the end floating up top. It has a translucent material. I did this because I couldn’t figure out how to make only the particles render and not the polys, so I placed the hand polys off the screen before I rendered, leaving the particles in the shape.
  5. Also, can I have a force (wind) only effect certain particle systems. I tried and it seems to effect all the same.
    Thanks
    Jay