Saturn Rings Texturing Help?

I am making a model of the Solar System in Blender, and everything was going smoothly until I got to the Gas Giants. Especially Saturn. How do I apply this picture to a circular ring shape? I also have a transparency image, so I need that to follow the same pattern as this image.

Thank you in advance!

UV unwrap/reset all the faces of what I guess is a connected two-circle model.
What’s the model look like if it’s not setup like that?

1. Add a circle
  2. In edit mode, make an extrusion
  3. Scale the extruded vertices
  4. Still in edit mode, select all the vertices
  5. In face select mode, set a face as active
  6. UV unwrap by selecting Follow Active Quads
  7. Add a material with your texture
  8. Done

For a stripe texture that doesn’t contain any variation in one of the dimensions, you only need to reset all the faces - possibly rotate them in 90 degree increments to suit what you want. If you need variation or need to bake out, then I would agree with Follow Active Quads. And here I would add variation not in UV space but object/generated coords.

I think in most cases CarlG’s suggestion is the way to go, as it let’s you to easily export your model with all the textures.

But you could also use the Shader nodes to create a ring shaped texture space over your object that you use for your color and transparency texture. It’s pretty quick to set up and allows for a lot of adjustments. (That way you could also use a color ramp to create the ring pattern in the first place)

(Edit: I noticed I used the wrong gradient pattern and changed the screenshot)

Akikun’s method is not “incorrect” per se, it’s just that you may have to scale the UVs after unwrap so I just think it’s faster to simply reset if nothing else matters.
Note that texturing of Saturns rings isn’t a problem at all. But it’s very problematic, likely impossible, to do a physically plausible shading of the rings. We’re limited to diffuse, translucency, and transparency shaders, with no means to do forward/backward scattering or the opposition effect, and how it all changes with different phases.