Saving Work In Blender 2.63

I used a previous blender and after rendering a text I created, I would push F3 to save the work… I had a choice to save as a blender file or I could save as .jpg… I am not getting a choice in Blender 2.63… When I go to save it, F3 for one doesn’t work on my computer anyway… I have to do File>Save but the only thing on the save page is “Save as Blender file” I cannot find any option to save my text as a .jpg file. I have output checked as a .jpg file, but it ONLY saves my rendered text as a blender file. I cannot get it saved as a .jpg
I am ready to delete 2.63 and go back to the older version of Blender… it was much easier… my F keys are not giving me the same options and the F keys in the older blender did… :frowning: :frowning:
I’m trying to learn how to do animations and have been doing some text files also for certain things… I was doing pretty good… knew if I hit F12 it would render the scene, then f3 would save it… NOT now… F12 gives me this other screen and I can’t get out of it… F3 doesn’t give me the Save screen anymore… I’m stuck… I looked at the manual from the help screen in Blender, it has NOTHING in it that tells you have to save a JPG file… Only shows to push F2 this time to save…

I have my blender file saved… but HOW do I save a jpg file or a png file… nothing i’ve tried so far is working

thank you
Barbara

Check your keyboard shortcuts in User Preferences / Input because the default keyboard shortcut to save a rendered image is F3.
You can also just save your rendered image from the Image / Save As menu entry of the render window

F12 gives me this other screen and I can’t get out of it.
In render settings change the render display from Full Screen to New Window or Image Editor
or Press Esc
or Press the ‘Back to Previous’ button at the top of the window

I have to do File>Save but the only thing on the save page is “Save as Blender file” I cannot find any option to save my text as a .jpg file. I have output checked as a .jpg file, but it ONLY saves my rendered text as a blender file.
This is just the same as all previous versions of blender