Say hi to mr frog!

Hi mr frog!
This as a teaser/test for a short film that I’ve had in my head for a few years now, and will probably take as many years more before it’s fully out of my head, ie rendered and done :slight_smile:
I’ve gotten a bit more spare time that I would have want to because of the Hollywood strike that even affects the CG industry on the other side of the world, which is why I now managed to get this together from all the assets that I slowly built the last year or two.

So almost all the small plants, mosses, lichen etc is geo nodes with either textures from photos I’ve taken or just pure shader nodes. Then there’s lots of 3D scanned stuff, like branches, sticks, trees, pine cones and mushrooms that I’ve got from the forests near me.
Though the fern and the leaf tree/bush on the sides is from grasswald if I recall correctly.

I also did a sortof gobo-generator in geo nodes, it’s the white leafshaped things on the right in screenshot above. Might release it on gumroad later on if people are interested :slight_smile:

And then we have mr frog himself, I have modeled and sculpted a very few characters before, but I’ve never rigged or let alone animated one before so I’m quite happy with what I’ve achieved here with this little guy!

Now got a lot more work ahead of me now, so be back again in a few years :wink:

This is just for thumbnail ^^

54 Likes

Never give up @Tell!
A bit by bit it will get done! :slightly_smiling_face:

Great cinematography on this teaser! Well done!

1 Like

Wow. Very impressive! He looks like a likable character. Great job and good luck as you continue your work.

1 Like

Any frog that gives me the peace sign is a frog friend of mine. :slight_smile: This is very good. Everything looks good relative to the standards of the day for such film work.

Who knows what’s in your future. But I think frogs are gonna get you there.

2 Likes

Apart from the shot’s cinematography, I really love, that all the assets you’re using are actually your’s.

In my view this lets it truly stand out, as an artistic achievement.

Anyway, great job!

3 Likes

I’m very impressed, by the quality of your teaser. Some 5 years ago, I began a 45 minutes 3D animated film. So, I know how much work you had to do up to now. Stay motivated and keep on with your cute idea :wink:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yeah I guess “slowly but steady” is the way to go! We can do it :smiley:

Thank you all! And thank you for the Featured @bartv ^^

2 Likes

I love it! It’s really excellent. I hope you can get to complete this one day. I’m at the beginning of attempting a full animated film: so, so hard, but also fun. Keep going!

2 Likes

Beautiful! It reminds me of Kenneth Grahame’s Wind In The Willows

1 Like