Scaling distance and object dimensions

I’ve been wondering if you can take, say, four or five objects in a group and change their distance from each other accurately without screwing with the object dimensions?

That’s about as clear as I can be… if you don’t know what I’m talking about I’ll try to explain it better

Hi,
Yes that can be done and is pretty simple, but I cant remember how. Lots of help, right. I was playing with that a couple weeks ago.

Ill see if I can find the answer for you.

Later:
I searched around and couldn’t find what I was looking for. So I am sorry. You could move each separately using vertex snap to vertex mode and that would at least keep them on the same plane.

OK I found it:

1. In object mode select the button left of the hand on the 3D header. The ‘move object centers only’ button.

2. In object mode, un-select all your objects, then hold the shift key and select the objects you want to move/slide apart.

3. Now press S key to scale them.

4. The objects will move away from the last object you selected, which will remain in place.

5. You can use the x, y, z keys to constrain them to an axis as they scale away too.

I hope I understood your question and that helps you.

Moving objects won’t affect Dimensions at all, only Location coordinates. Dimension is the object’s size in Blender Units.

%<

very good, iti! four stars and one heart <3.