Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Yes, the other libraries are expensive. That is why I made it so that someone who buys one of these libraries can use them with Scatter easier.

Hi all,
In a very random way, when I start Blender and add any object I get this info:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\Scatter\instavis\overseer.py", line 424, in poll
scatter_particles, scatter_selected, last_sel = SCUtils.collect()
File "C:\Users*
\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\Scatter\instavis\overseer.py”, line 128, in collect
sc_mods = [m for m in o.modifiers if m.name.startswith(prefix)]
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘modifiers’

Is there a way to know what is causing this?

Cheers,
Juan

Hey sorry for your trouble,

It seem that Scatter is trying to to find an object that doesn’t exists, do your target object exists in your scene?

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Is just an empty scene, just launched Blender and added a single vert using the F3 command.
Is not all the time, it happens in a very random way.

I think that choosing a target object will resolve the issue,
expect this to be fixed for Scatter5

Weird that on an empty scene with no need to use Scatter, the addon would like to have a target object :thinking:

Is there some way to scatter graswald assets directly in scatter, without going trough particle convert?

Sorry if this was already answered, I tried searching but this is an enormous thread.

It will with Scatter5,
We plan to support Graswald biomes

4 Likes

I appreciate the quick response, thanks!

+1 :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I did a search in this topic and I couldn’t find the answer.
Is there a way to transfer (copy them) the scattered assets from one mesh to another, so we don’t need to go to the Outliner and scatter the same assets one by one?

Hope it makes sense :slight_smile:
Juan

Scatter5 got it + much more advance copy/paste workflow,
infos coming soon.

I still have to do a lot of work until i can share something :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Ahhh you teaser :smile:.
Bright future for the addon and for us that we use it non-stop.

Hi all,

Let’s say I have a mesh with one biome, then I duplicate that object and I want to have a different biome for that one, what is the proper procedure to do it?
Is it safe to make the particles single user and delete the particles from the new object?

Hope it makes sense.

I don’t advise to duplicate an object having particles, it’s best to add biomes into a new virgin mesh

Thanks for the advice, I will follow your suggestion :slight_smile:

Hey Guys,
I’ve been quite silent recently, it’s for a really good reason :eyes:
I’ve been working really hard on geometry node. and I got some exciting stuff to show & share.

There will be an announcement coming in 5 to 6 Days with a direct open-access on the currently work-in-progress Scatter5 project. Months of work accessible for all during the early stage of development like it was one year ago with the initial Scatter1 project. This project will also be more accessible for everyone once it’s finally ready.

Stay tuned.
Can’t wait to show you everything.
Cheers

19 Likes

What a teasing! :nerd_face: :robot:

1 Like

hello, how exactly i can export a dae mesh from what i ake by the scatter with texture ?

Thannks

Hello,
in the scatter tweaking panel there’s an export section where you can export selected system(s) to objects