Scene Pausing!

How can i make sorta like a fake loading screen like the scene comes up for 10 secs and then it goes into a different scene which is the game. Some one please tell me a way to do this.

Thanks for your time! :smiley:

1. Add a timer property, and call it what you want. Allso add an object with words that say: “Loading…”

2. Make a sensor suspend the scene when it is activated.

3. The timer property is a timer for the seconds, so make it when the property reaches 10.0, you make it so the scene changes to what you want, and it also sends a message to the “Loading…” object that makes it destroy itself (if you want it to).

I’ll try to make a demo file, just wait 5 minutes or so…

EDIT: I realized that didn’t work. Just wait for the file.

ok, thanks!!

:x Oh, crap! Blender crashed before I could save!

Just wait a little bit longer…

:smiley: Whew!!! Done!! Wow, it sure took a long time. File: www.ikx.no/R2Blend/files/load6.blend.

Sorry it took so long.

What u talking about that was fast! :smiley:

I could’ve made it sooner without the technical problems… %|

#1 rule of game design:
it has to be fun.

Now, how is keeping players arbitrarily waiting for 10 seconds fun?! It sounds cruel to me…

You need to read some game design books! :x

My demo did it for only 3 seconds! And you’re right, the game doesn’t need to be slowed down. I was just helping Blende.

Rule #1: It has to be fun

Rule #2: Fun over realism

Rule #3: Fun over graphics

Rule #4: Always put the player first

Rule #5: Don’t EVER keep the player waiting.

Rule #6: Make sure the player doesn’t ever want to leave the game. That means no boring parts, or walking over long parts of the terrain. Don’t make the player work to be able to have fun.

Rule #7: NEVER randomly kill the player, or kill the player without warning.

Rule #8: Make sure the characters are likeable, the evil guy is hateable, and the enemies are killable. :wink:

Rule #9: Make sure the story makes sense.

Rule #10: see rule #1

Rule #11: Never make the player go through a long puzzle twice. Once they’ve solved it, let them pass freely.

Rule #12: NEVER have long stretches without save points!!! In my opinion, this is one of the worst mistakes a game designer can make.

Rule #13: Make sure it’s free of bugs.

Rule #14: Make sure the player doesn’t feel like they have no choice. Always let THEM be in control.

Anyway, that about sums it up. :smiley:

That’s pretty good, lemmy. I agree with you on all of this.

Four more:

#11: Never make the player go through a long puzzle twice. Once they’ve solved it, let them pass freely.

#12: NEVER have long stretches without save points!!! In my opinion, this is one of the worst mistakes a game designer can make.

#13: Make sure it’s free of bugs.

#14: Make usre the player doesn’t feel like they have no choice. Always let THEM be in control.

/me agees with those, too

You’re smart, lemmy!

Thank you. :smiley:
I read a lot of game design books.

[sarcasm]Oh really?[/sarcasm] :smiley:

#8: Make sure the characters are likeable, the evil guy is hateable, and the enemies are killable.

I really like this rule xD