Scene Work In Progress

I’ve been working on this for a while and have lost almost complete interest in it and would like to move on. It’s pretty much finished, but would like to see what I could possibly tweak to polish it off. No title at this point.

Attachments

I can’t see anything. If your posting something, make sure to make it pretty bright so people can see the details.

Well… A single candle doesn’t give off much light. I’ll add some more candles or something and render each object seperately.

Why not just make some lights? A sun lamp is good for just previewing, but I like how you set a mood, not just show off your scene by putting lights everywere.

Not sure if this is a real “tweak,” but with a normal candle in real life, the light from the flame is typically visible through the entire top bit of the candle, making it look as though the very tip is glowing. Your candle looks pretty much opaque. I suspect there’s no easy way (yet) to achieve the translucent effect, other than to make a special texture for it. I think subsurface scattering is supposed to simulate it, but I don’t know whether that’s been finished and implemented anywhere.

-Tae

As suggested: (I can’t figure out why the candle appears black…)

Attachments

The light should be taller,wider and give more light from it.
Other than that great wineglas.

Maybe to lit up the scene more, lower the candle as well.

Cheers. ( hope all made sence)