Sci-Fi Speeder

Hello community!

I’m happy to share with you an asset i’ve been working for a while on now.
It’s a Sci-fi speeder, intended for a music video i’m working on.

Engine - High poly/clean version

Textured - “low poly”

Rigged and animated model (with tractor sounds :grinning:)

Soon i’ll be also showing the rider of this beast, just need to finish his getup :smiley:

Thank you for looking, tell me what you think!
Everything modeled in Blender, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Cycles.

60 Likes

That thing looks mean! :sunglasses:

1 Like

hehe thanks! :grinning: It was a hell to retopo, especially the engine :no_mouth:

1 Like

This is awesome! Very nice details.

1 Like

Very unique design, would be cool to see it composited into a video flying down a street.

1 Like

Well thank you! :blush:

Thanks, it probbably won’t be added to live footage, but i’m building a desert scene for it to inhabit as we speak!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart! Nice weekend to you aswell! :smiling_face:

1 Like

WOW!
That is seriously cool. :sparkling_heart:

Awesome job!! :100:

1 Like

Great work! The hard surface detail and texturing are phenomenal!

I’d love to see a wireframe version.

1 Like

Thanks alot!
Here are some wires of the “low poly” model, which still sits at around 200k tris, so not that lowpoly :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiling_face:

Great work!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Looks great, engine has a nice V6 vibe

1 Like

Awesome! Loved it

1 Like

It’s very cool! It is still certainly a speeder, but it looks bigger, cooler, and meaner than a typical Star Wars swoop bike.

1 Like

Haha thank you very much! In the beginning it was shaping to be kind of the “deodorant bulky” shaped Ray’s speeder, but i wanted something more “High octane”, something a bit more dangerous :smiley:

Thank you! I remember vividly opening Cgtextures, typing “engine” and seeing this hunk of junk, and of course. I immediately fell in love.

So this became the basis for the engine. Of course the angled “pistons” are derived from the hot-rod aesthetic, i just wanted it to look mean! haha :sunglasses:

2 Likes