Scorched

This took way way longer then I initially imagined.
It took me around 2 whole weeks of work to make this technically 3 weeks if we count the one where
I had to completely scrap one of the other concepts and work on this.

When I did the Initial Concept for this I instantly fell in love with the piece and I think that is one of the reasons for it taking so long.
Because I was actually obsessed with the concept and wanted to do it right. and most of all wanted to learn alot form this and oh boy did I learn alot.

The Final piece didn’t really come out as I first envisioned it as it is with most of what I make but its not bad either.
I have a few gripes with it. How it cuts off abruptly, How the composition is all over the place, The laser isn’t exactly how I wanted it to be. But
it’s ok we learn and we move on.

One thing I do absolutely love though. Is how the sound turned out so crunchy and so good.

As Always Would love feedback and what you all think.

7 Likes

Maybe I get featured on the Featured row with thiss :point_right: :point_left:

That’s cool! Now I’d love to see more of this story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah yes For sure.
I am in love with the concept as well So I might actually do more with the storyy

2 Likes

I like this! Well done!

1 Like

Thank you man
Appreciate it <3

I like the piece. You’re right about the sound. I too would like to know more about the story, and that’s always a good reaction.

I also like that you said something about your difficulties; that sort of thing always encourages me – we’re not alone in our struggles and they can be overcome.

Maybe. But IME even cute hinting doesn’t bring that about. :wink:

On the other hand, something I appreciate is if artists talk a little about how they made the piece with special attention to how Blender was involved. No need to write a wall of text, but just a note about how Blender did something particularly well (or even how Blender didn’t do something well; that’s also useful). Since we’re a Blender-specific site, people are particularly interested in how Blender can achieve certain things. Or at least which parts of a work of art were made with Blender and which parts with some other software, because that, too, is informative about the process.

3 Likes

Really Appreciate such a kind message.
and I think you are right I should be mentioning how blender is used in my pieces more often so People know how I was able to achieve the result.

For this piece I used 3 softwares Blender Unreal and Davinci

I used blender for all the texturing, Modelling, Animations and blocking out.
Unreal was used for the main render because its easier to do stuff like snow in unreal.
And Davinci For mainly post pro.

I used to do everything in blender but Have tried more to use Unreal for rendering because I feel like it is much faster and better in few ways for envirnoment.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly the sort of thing I am interested in – thanks!

1 Like

No problem man.
Will defenitely try to do it more often from now on.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you for the feature

1 Like