Scratch build: LED Flasher

Completed another scratch build project. LED Flasher project #11


http://www.notionsunday.com/pics/LEDflasher_p11.gif
Video features Blender render/animation, 3D printing, schematic, breadboard, board fab, assembly & demo.

Channel Link
Thanks for watching ,
Please like/subscribe.

Attachments


Astable multivibrator… good on you. :hat tip: (spotted the circuit as soon as I saw the render, one of the first circuits I ever built)

Incidentally, I too have a Printerbot simple metal. Kinda have mixed feelings about mine, or maybe I’m just expecting too much. I’m hoping that mine can (eventually) preform better with heated bed + dual extrusion mod. Even with PLA I sometimes get some pretty bad lift. And anything with a moderate overhand just doesn’t print smooth ever.

Even so, I can sometimes get good prints. Here’s a servo powered grabby hand I built not too long ago…


The one side is entirely actuated by the gear teeth, and it still has almost perfectly symmetrical articulation.

Good work ver nice

Yeah, it is a real simple circuit…I really just wanted to make a simple device that made use of some lithium rechargeable camera batteries I had laying around. Plus I didn’t care to model a complicated circuit.

You would also like my white noise generator project #7. Its little bit more involved.

I feel the same way…I been having some issues w/ my printer as well. I been avoiding overhangs too.
Still feel like it’s a good starter printer for me though…got it on ebay for 350bucks…had a bad pwr supply(it was a little laptop pwr supply). Using an old AT PSU for it now.

Nice grabber. The pieces look real good.

You would also like my white noise generator project #7. Its little bit more involved.

Yeah, I need to make something similar actually. I need a cryptographiclly secure true random number generator, and they are almost identical to a white noise generator.

I feel the same way…I been having some issues w/ my printer as well. I been avoiding overhangs too.

Yeah, I found there are some really bad default settings in the firmware for some revisions. In addition, that Z-nut can go on 4 different ways, and is not exactly obvious which way is correct. Out of the box mine was terrible. I was able to get considerably better prints only after hours of fiddling with NVRAM settings/flags.

No matter what though, overhangs remain quite elusive. Best I can get comes from a fairly aggressive scaffolding settings, chiseling off the burrs, then sanding and polish as best I can. It’s not clean by any stretch, but it’s often times the only option for certain parts.

Another thing I found out is that filament absorbs moisture from the air, including PLA. I have a (rather hot) dehydrator for fixing this. I also have a 3 gallon bucket with a sock full of Epsom salt (very powerful desiccant) for long term storage.

Still feel like it’s a good starter printer for me though…got it on ebay for 350bucks…had a bad pwr supply(it was a little laptop pwr supply). Using an old AT PSU for it now.

You got a better deal than I did. I got mine from printrbot directly, for like, $500~$600. Though, they must have recognized that the PSU they were first shipping with was junk, because I got a much bigger brick than what I’ve seen. It doesn’t get too warm, so I’m fairly confidant that it’s properly sized. Either way, computer PSU’s are cheap.

Nice grabber. The pieces look real good.

Thanks. Your project is neat too. Keep it up.