Scream of Anger - a Blender animated video cover of the song by Europe

Hi everyone,

here’s a video I did for a cover of the 1980’s Europe song ‘Scream of Anger’

Since I’m by no means an experienced character animator I turned to Mixamo for both the character and most of the motions he’s going through.

For the prison hallway I used an early version of Geometry Nodes (This is a 4 minute video, so it was quite a long time in the making)

I did model the cell interior myself, but I did use a lot of Blenderkit-assets to decorate the cell.

The song is about a man awaiting the hangman who’s going to execute him soon.
So in his mind he’s imagining the hell he’s going to end up in.

I created this landscape as a mixture of models, textures and stockfootage of Action VFX

So in this shot I rendered the Blenderkit gallow in Blender. Then I imported the FBX of the gallow together with the cameramotion into BMD Fusion and placed the stock footage flames on top of the model in Fusion’s 3D world and rendered those out in a seperate layer, merging everything together later in the comp.

There’s definitely more to tell about this, so if there’s anything you’d like to know, feel free to ask, I’ll gladly get back to you.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Whoops, I posted the wrong link. Frrrriiday!

Wow. Dank je wel! Ik ben altijd super onder de indruk van die selectie, dus ben helemaal trots dat ik er tussen sta!

1 Like