Screen Space Global Illumination for Eevee

Do you mean your 1.14 unfinished version?

Yeah, both 1.15 and 1.14 have viewport denoising. I won’t update 1.14 any longer, unless I get specific requests, but since some changes in 1.15 are pretty fundamental I’m keeping them separate.

Some AO aspects don’t work very well with world lighting and SSGI, but since you have no world lighting toggling them won’t change much.

I missed the settings in the first post, sorry!

Got it! So should I be using 1.14 or 1.15? Right now i have 1.14
And no worries at all!

1 Like

I’d recommend 1.14, since 1.15 can behave far from ideal in some situations. Only thing in 1.14 is that the denoising is in pretty rough state (same in 1.15 atm) and you can enable broken half res tracing. I’m looking to improve denoising in 1.15, but no estimated time for it yet.

Got it, I’ll use 1.14 for now. That’s amazing though! The fact that its going to get even better really excites me, thank you so much for your help! Cant wait to get my hands on version 1.15 when it releases :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I always use the default settings …

In some cases, such as night scenes, I lower the value to the intensity

3D Viewport

With SSGI 1.15

SSGI + Area light

Render

Proyect

5 Likes

gone forever

1 Like

I haven’t done any recent builds of 3.0 myself so I’m not sure what’s the situation with compatibility. The latest patch that’s uploaded is out of date a bit, I’ll upload a newer one tomorrow.

Edit:
I haven’t tested against 3.0.
Patch:
115_oct31.patch (92.4 KB)

2 Likes

more with 1.15

3 Likes

I am usually using the 2.93.5 + SSGI 1.15 for eevee in almost all projects …
3.0 in case of using Cycles X for some other project.

this is in progress eevee + SSGI

9 Likes

can we use something like this??

2 Likes
3 Likes

eevee + SSGI 1.15

9 Likes

I really love SSGI so far! Have almost no complaints. (SSGI 1.15)
I’ve noticed though, in animations, there can be noticable noise with the denoiser on.
I made a dark scene with a spot light illuminating a moving yellow sphere to demonstrate, here are the examples:

and another side:

My settings for this scene:

I hope there is a way to fix this, as this is my one and only problem with SSGI.

4 Likes

I have a weird thing since version 1.14. If I activate the depth of field, Blender crashes and sometimes my pc also crashes. I have a gtx 1660 so I don’t understand.

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if an update for Blender 3.0 is in the plans?
I can’t imagine switching if SSGI wouldn’t work!

2 Likes

oh thats so good to know - I thought it would run with 3.0 too

Hi,

I’ll check the compatibility with 3.0 over the coming weekend to see if there are any issues with applying the patch and fix them. I’ll post some update builds also.

The builds I have hosted are bit out of date, but since there are multiple reasonable combinations of both SSGI and Blender versions it helps to know what combinations are wanted, so feel free to specific the precise versions.

4 Likes

Thank you, yeah a 3.0 update would be fantastic since it’s coming out in early December if I’m not wrong?

I’m currently using Windows - SSGI Native 1.15 (Preview - New - Unstable) 2.93.5_RC (Cuda, Optix)
And despite the name, it’s been very stable for me!

2 Likes

It’s great, you’ve done a great job, but there’s a bug. When the number of lights is around 150, eevee renders, the lights that exceed it don’t render out.

1 Like