Screen Space Global Illumination addon for Eevee.
Direct link to builds:
SSGI implemented as a modified screen space reflections shader in a custom Blender build that has a secondary layer for diffuse reflections. Both SSR layer settings are consolidated under “Screen Space Raytracing” in Eevee render settings.
Native updates: 1.0 First version of native SSGI implementation in a Blender 2.93 alpha build.
Addon for Blender that converts Diffuse and Principled BSDFs to nodegroups that give representation of diffuse component to SSR for SSGI effect.
Addon disclaimer: World/HDRI lighting in specular component is not handled properly between object reflections and gives inverted colors with the addon onyl version.
The addon (ab)uses Eevees built in screen space reflections with material nodes and thus won’t be comparable to a correctly built in SSGI solution.
The addon version currently doesn’t preserve keyframes on diffuse and principled BSDF nodes.
- 0.1.0 Fixed error in folder structure in initial release. Now installs correctly.
- 0.1.1 Added color range input clamp. Changed the way increasing intensity works. New defaults only compatible with no world/hdri lighting.
- 0.1.2 Added controls over World Material (broken glossy interaction disabled by default). Added option to scatter diffuse normals (base performance cost increased). UI and default settings changes. Clean up.
- 0.1.3 (Compatible with blender 2.91 versions from Oct.21 2020 onwards) Added refresh materials functions that preserves all possible settings while cleaning and updating materials. Added option for cubemap only bake. UI improvments.
- 0.1.4 Temporary fix for incorrect intensity in fresnel with metallics.
Info about futher plans:
Addon version will receive only minor updates since there are fundamentals issues that can’t be fixed without modifying Blender source code.
Explanation of parameters of the addon version (outdated):