Sculpt Mode Problems in 4.0

Hi all,

I have 2 issues when in sculpt mode in 4.0 that I don’t have in 3.6.

The first is with the multires modifier. I have some sculpts made with a 3.6 multires. When I open them in 4.0 and go to sculpt mode there are some black and white squares that glitch all over the mesh. I thought it might be an add-on compatibility issue, but the problem persists after disabling. If I create a multires directly in 4.0 then there is not glitching. I could shrinkwrap and project the data from the old mesh to a new multires, but that is a big pain to do for every sculpt I import.

The second issue is that I can’t use the 3D cursor (locking view with shift and RMB). It works fine in 3.6. All my settings are the same. This is a crucial part of navigating in sculpt mode for me, so I’m lost without it.

Anyone else had the same issue or can replicate on their end? Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

3D cursor doesn’t work because Shift+RMB now adjusts sculpt pivot position in sculpt mode. Its a specific pivot point for sculpting tools. If you’re using 3D cursor you need to go to object mode for that

And first issue you should report as bug

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. I never use the pivot in sculpt mode so I just changed the keymap. All good.

Tried reporting the bug for the multires, no access at the moment because of, I assume, the recent hack issue. Will try again soon. Cheers!

2 Likes

Strange! Not sure why they changed that keybind. Seems counter-productive to the sculpting workflow when you need to move around fast and with precision.

Reported the multires bug. We’ll see what happens. Happy to have the 3D cursor back though. Maybe they changed it because not enough people use the cursor in sculpt mode? That or they just overlooked it perhaps? For me it’s invaluable.