Sculpting Crit

Hi All

Never did any sculpting before with the exception of messing around with Sculptris about 7 years ago.

I got tired of the current project that I am busy with so decided to have a go at increasing my skills. I will model all parts separately and then finally go onto a sculpt, a bust of something probably.

As you can see I have started with a mouth, plan to do a nose next then ears and lastly eyes.

Some crits comments will be appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

2 Likes

Looks very good from front view. But Need a profile to properly assess volume and curve…

1 Like

Hey FXR

Long time no speak, hope you are doing well!!!

This girl has quite an awkward nose, but I gave it a go. :rofl:

The side/almost 3/4 view of the lips is attached.

On to the ears.

Regards

Shaun

Hello

Done with the ear, it is not 100%, but I think it can pass for an ear. :laughing:

Not going to bother to up the res on the dyntopo as I think I got most of the ear correct and carrying on would IMO just be wasting time.

See what you think.

Regards

Shaun

Hello, hope you had fun doing these.
Have you also looked up anatomy of the face for lips and so? There are very helpful because you can see the different shapes. For example the mouth is not one shape.

Your sculpt looks a bit too clean and not from a real human. When you go towards the chin under the lips is a smoother hill and its not so sharp and big.

The ears are very good in the shape and detail to the reference. Nothing to add here.

For the nose your reference is quite hard to do. They have makeup on and that makes it hard to see the details, so search for images without makeup to get the details.

This could help but for the other gender the forms are softer and rounder.

Thats it have fun. I am currently also sculpting a character and have several post on old ones.