Sculpting low performance but low cpu usage

Hello, I’ve been looking all over for ways to improve sculpting performance but nothing seems to help. I am currently sculpting at around 700k tris. The sculpting itself shows fairly good performance however when ever I try to undo or, select another object in the scene, Blender hangs for up to 30 seconds.
My cpu usage goes up to 45% during the time Blender is stuck.

From what I understand blender uses a combination of gpu and cpu for viewport rendering and the sculpting process. The cpu seems to be holding up fine, under utilised even.

Could my gpu be the bottleneck?

Are you using Dyntopo or Multires to sculpt ?

Dyntopo has an undo code that is unique to it, and when your dyntopo sculpt start to be high poly, the dyntopo undo takes a very long time to do its work unfortunately.

If the problem you observed is in Multires i have no idea sorry.

Yep, I’m using Dyntopo. That’s annoying :confused: Hopefully it’ll get some performance improvements at some point. On the bright side, something I didn’t have any luck before, but suddenly seems to work, I disabled the “outline selected” option, and that seems to make selection much faster, albeit a little harder (since the outlines of selected objects arn’t visible).

From what i remember, “Outline selected” in Blender works by making a copy of the whole mesh, meaning that if you’re dealing with high poly sculpt, it’s the same as having 2 times that sculpt, and that’s very likely why performance is much better with it turned off.