Sculpting Practice : Humpback Whale

Humpback Whale Sculpt

Here is a humpback whale sculpt I made for a practice session. Then I made an underwater scene out of it.

Please provide some feedback!

59 Likes

Great Job! :grinning:
Have you ever thought about adding some barnacle growth around the mouth area? Humpback and other filter-feeding whales can get lots of them colonizing their skin. It would be an added depth of texture to an already great piece.

2 Likes

I actually have a plan to add barnacle growth on this, I just became impatient :stuck_out_tongue: . So yeah, I will definitely add some of 'em.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing! congrats

1 Like

Quite a beautiful render. I feel like if you added some particle systems for barnacle/dirt on the whale it would add to the realism. Also - some fine moving particles in the water to dirty it up slightly … great work!

2 Likes

This is awesome! I really need to get into sculpting full models, I just don’t know where to start. XD

1 Like

As a certain Vulcan might say:

"They like you very much. But they are the hell not your whales. "

Great job! I especially like the volumetric lighting. Many people overdo this and make their underwater scenes look cheesy. But you nailed it!

1 Like

This is great! I started learning sculpting a few days ago and I also wanted to model a whale :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work.

1 Like