Sculptors and Modelers have you seen this?

Hi,
A month ago I came across this product from Belkin,

I have been using it in combination with a Wacom Graphire tablet and I just want to say that I find the combination to be very liberating as you can program the speedpad with
all of Blenders hot keys and use it with your left hand.

The news and reason for posting in this thread is that Newegg has this on sale for a really
low price of $7.99 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826169003

Since I have been using it and find it quite satisfactory I thought it prudent to share it with you all as up to this point I have had very little to contribute to this community.

PMM

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for or have any interest or investment in either of the 2 companies mentioned in this post!

Yup. I use it too. Over a year now. I needed it to augment my Powerbook (no numeric keys, y’know…). In addition to camera angles, I also programmed a few of the regularly-used hotkeys.

Oops. I meant to say, perspective views - not camera angles. <slaps forehead>

Thanks PMM for the headsup! I’ll have to pick up another one at that price. For use at work (standard keyboard). Ergonomically, I find it much easier to have pretty much all of the keyset to the left side of my workflow. And the mouse/tablet to the right.

You’re welcome inazuma,

inazuma wrote:

Thanks PMM for the headsup! I’ll have to pick up another one at that price. For use at work (standard keyboard). Ergonomically, I find it much easier to have pretty much all of the keyset to the left side of my workflow. And the mouse/tablet to the right.

Yes I agree, the thing fits my left hand nearly perfectly and together with the Wacom
I can sit back in an easy chair and just sculpt away…it’s like heaven…so relaxing.

PMM

anyone using this in Ubuntu or similar linux?

Hi secundar,

No, unfortunately, it seems that they only have drivers for windows and mac.

PMM

secundar: I’m using it on OSX (using ControllerMate to configure it).

You might want to try this out for linux: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nostromodriver/

Hope that helps.

Wow, definitely buying one of these.

are newegg.com send products only to USA based people? I’m from europe and want one too hmmm…

Hi psychotron,

No unfortunately Newegg does not ship internationally at the present time according to their website FAQ. But if you are really interested Belkin has international partners
that you can check out here.

Good Luck,
PMM

I’d say go with one of these instead. (or heck, get both! your desk is big enough, right?) :slight_smile:

Hi mzungu,

Yes I too was interested in the Space Navigator when I first heard of it. The problem,as I see it, is that the Space Navigator has no hot keys only navigation. With this device
you can program the navigation into the thumb pad and you have all of your hot keys at your finger tips. As I said in my first post, with this device I can sit back in my easy chair with my little Graphire on one knee and the Speedpad on the other and just sculpt away. The other problem, as I see it, is that the Space Navigator needs to be supported by which ever software you are using it with, this device doesn’t. However when Blender
and Modo and Carrara and the other softwares that I use regularly support the Navigator I’m sure to give it a try. For now though I have this and I like it and it is so inexpensive in the U.S. that I thought others might find it interesting.
Best regards,
PMM