Sculpture+cycles tests

IMO you should reduce area that is covered by light only to these 3 guys. Adding eg. window and area lamp near it, would make only them being lit, and you would hide, that there is nothing around them.

first day with cycles :smiley: i’m liking it so far

Absolutely Awesome! - I was waiting for jeepster to hit this thread :slight_smile:

Almost a painterly / NPR result, really nice 5*

Awesome indeed!!!
This looked a little over sculpted, over detailed and some how not connected.
Now, a physically correct GI render shows all this beauty!.
How many passes Jeep? And let me guess… kodakfilm?

edit:
BTW you probably noticed this free app, win and mac 64 bit
http://www.meshmixer.com/

Never heard of MeshMixer. Just seen the videos. WOWOWOWOWOWW!

thanks michalis & meiaLua!
I don’t remember how many passes it took :frowning: I just let it bake for an hour or so

also, just about everything was left as default(advantix 400)

I just finished rendering out a turntable :smiley:

10 bounces, min 3 max 8

A work in progress test render in cycles. Still have a lot of work to do on it, but feel free to comment.

Postmodern_Boy
It looks great, some bigger render could be nice. Some information, like sculpting app, use of displ-bumps… size of textures, cpu-gpu based cycles etc.

My recent sculpture. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, sculpt blender, 2.57 version.

Render with Cycles CPU, 1h 37m, 1280x720 and Mac mini (mid 2010) at 2,4ghz dual core, 400 passes. Only one emitter plane.

Any Cycles version with gpu enabled in MAC?

This render the same resolution but 500 passes. 1h 43m.

I like your batman version. blender 2.47? not even 2.49b LOL (2.57 right?)
Any Cycles version with gpu enabled in MAC?

(this is ready, no xcode is needed)
Works under OSX 10.6.7 only, you have to install cuda driver from nvidia first and update from the system prefs nvidia icon.
But, on a mac mini? No cuda GPU I think.

Sorry, 2.57 blender version.

Mac mini (mid 2010) has a nVidia 320m Thanks for the version, I’ll check if this card support CUDA.

More renders, the first 350 passes 1h 27m, second 400 passes 1h 38m:

UPDATE: I get this cycles+blender version and I can select GPU or CPU render in camera menu but when Im rendering with CPU all works fine but with GPU I have a beautiful black screen in render windows.