Sculpture test taken a little more seriously: the “Papi Papillons”. & The Multiresolution modifier

As stated in the title.
I have a graphics tablet (and yes, not yet the thing with the built-in screen; we’ll see about that later. Isn’t that serious?), BUT I almost never use it. So, here, I think I almost “sculpted” everything with the mouse. It’s laborious but we achieve a certain result all the same.
My initial impulse came from a photo found on the Internet: a grandpa in the countryside. I don’t know, he seemed nice to me, I wanted to sculpt: bam.

For the head. Well, my workflow is still messy.
The muiresolution edit is handy. With a few alpha brushes of human wrinkles, with an anchored stroke: very practical.
On the other hand, I have not yet understood all the subtleties of multires modification (backtracking, etc.).
Ah yes, great tutorial that was helps to me, from a guy who surprises me, the professional 3D Character artist Nikolay Naydenov, or “SpeedChar” on Youtube. I also recommend his interesting video “Why i quit Zbrush for Blender as professional 3D Character artist?” :

In any case, here it is, for my part: this grandpa’s face.

The starting point image. I forgot the source of this reference, and I hadn’t noted it.

10 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

Nice work, reminds me of France. The face is authentic and expressive.

1 Like

Thank you! This face could almost remind me of my distant grandfather.
Time passes, flows, like the water you thought you could hold between our fingers.
Sincerely. :~1