🧵 Seams to Sewing Pattern (v 0.9, for 2.8 and 2.9)

Hmm, I can’t say I’ve ever worked with Inches.
I can try to take a look at it, but I can’t promise I have the time to fix it anytime soon.
In the meantime, try playing around with object scale and unit scale until you at least have something workable.

@ThomasKole Thanks,
Just to clarify its not a matter of inches vs metric and I don’t think it has anything to do with the S2S addon - which is really awesome once I figure the scalilng out.

It’s more about blender saying it is a specific size but when brought into illustrator or similar it is astranomically larger.

For example. the model I am working wtih is 9.9 inches

but as you can see the (in my last post) .svg file is 24,871 inches.

I never have had good luck with Blender’s dimension vs another 3D modeling program’s dimensions.
It’s like blender’s dimenions don’t really mean anything in the real world.

Am I missing somethign in setting up the units/scale in blender?
the scale of the object in blender has been applied

Hope someone can help.

Check the export options when exporting to svg, I can’t check right now but if I remember correctly Blender uses millimeters by default with the svg exporter, so maybe that’s where the conversion is going wrong.

Each program has its own “world”, so scale only applies correctly within that world, to be able to keep the scales/measurements matching between different programs you should always check that there’s no extra conversion happening on export/import, since that’s usually the step where things go bonkers. Also make sure the programs you’re using all have the same base unit for scale, just to keep things more manageable.

Ok so got the scale figured out. had to scale it down by .001, but it is working now.
the addon is great.
This is what I am trying to replicate but using my own head.

Here is my test

didn’t finish this one as I quicly glued it together.

the final will I will take a little more time and make more acurate cuts and better glueing.

Mildy daft punk :smiley:

1 Like