'search' here SUCKS

I have been a member here for years. In all that time, I have NEVER been able to find ANY freakin tutorial I was looking for. NONE.

DO YOU THINK YOU COULD MAKE IT WORK!?

Could you be a little bit more… helpful? Search works as well here as on any other vBulletin forums, which, in my experience, has always been fairly well. I’ve never really had a problem finding anything I was looking for.

I find it much more useful ask G via “some key words site:blenderartists.org”

The default search mode is ‘search multiple content types’ which has a very limited set of options.

Switch over to the ‘search single content type’ tab and you’ll find a large number of options to narrow down the search including forum, date, no. of posts in thread, member, ect…

Please be more specific. Perhaps provide a search query you entered and a thread that you expected to appear. At the very least, we may be able to help you use the forum’s search tool more effectively.

Thanks for your replies, - and your helpful tips Ace Dragon. The problem is I get too many responses from a search in a specific forum, for example: In the Tutorials section, I do a search for ‘Motion tracking tutorials’ and a hundred other answers pop up, all mixed in with the search results, from all forums not just the tutorials forum.

Why not limit your search to just the Tutorials forum?

I do a search for ‘Motion tracking tutorials’ and a hundred other answers pop up, all mixed in with the search results, from all forums not just the tutorials forum.
Just tried a search in tutorials forum and ONLY threads in tutorial forum show up.
How are you searching ? Advanced search with Tutorials forum set as search option or the ‘Search Forum’ box or the main Search box ?

Good Thread Bongox, I learned some tricks as I AM newish to vBulletin forums.

I’d just like to mention that on sites like this and BlendSwap where the search function isn’t too good (BlendSwap’s really sucks) that google is a lot better. In google just put what you are searching for and put “blenderartists” after it.