See the new realtime reflections in action!

Thanks, i suspected that was how it was done but couldn`t seperate the models but i only made a breif attemp to suss it out.
I can see now that there are TWO vertices at each point on the model,
The meshs joined after the textures are applied Ctrl-J ?
Can you seperate them afterwards if you want to change the inner texture ?

Thanks to Calli as well

Go to the EditMode, then move the mouse over one vertex an press LKEY. This is the selct Linked function. Then “PKEY” to sepParate.

carsten.

Thanks Carsten,
i like the Diamond ring, nice wood textures on the case and the flares on the stone are used to great effect.

THe reflection thing is a feature from 2.25. There is no “secret”

Pooba

THe reflection thing is a feature from 2.25. There is no “secret”

Pooba

Yes , i know , i just thought he had found a clever method of applying two textures onto one model, but on very close inspection it is actually two models joined together, a differant texture on each.

Ok, i want to know how to do reflection mapping. I just got 2.25 and am trying to get it to work, but i can’t. I put a texture (just plain white) and then hit the reflection button. NOTHING HAPPENS!?
Could someone tell me step-by step?

Pooba

well, first off, I don’t think that pressing the reflection button will do it :wink:
You probably gotta use empties and all that ‘fun’ stuff. But I don’t know. I never could get a proper reflection.

Pooba,
I think that you have the wrong idea about reflection mapping. Reflection mapping fakes the effect of real reflection using a texture map. Try this:
Create a new file and add a sphere into it. Find a picture of a room. Select all the faces and apply the picture of the room. You don’t need to Uv map it. Hit the reflection button on the texture and see what happens. move around the sphere it should look like its reflecting the room in the texture. Let me know if you need me to explain more.

TorQ

Ahh, i thought they were mirrors! Damn, guess we have to wait.

Pooba

Ok, you are ALL wrong about how its done… This is real reflection!

Ok, the first thing you must do is calibrate your x cordinate to face the extracted unit of B( B=(2x/Y(b*4-2))/2 ). This now tells you the number of digets in z flipped by the number of vertices subdivided in half. All you need to do now is to transfer this in a simple session of transactions representing two or more of the final scheme contrast.

= Z / X * 2 / 2 - 5

/Monkeyboi

I KNEW IT!!!

…Ok, ok, so i didnt.

Ok, the first thing you must do is calibrate your x cordinate to face the extracted unit of B( B=(2x/Y(b*4-2))/2 ). This now tells you the number of digets in z flipped by the number of vertices subdivided in half. All you need to do now is to transfer this in a simple session of transactions representing two or more of the final scheme contrast.

= Z / X * 2 / 2 - 5

Ok, so how’s that done in blender? (im no math genius, btw).

hmm i looked at the file in blender and lookes like just a normal reflection to me :slight_smile: . Not a ‘real’ reflection. 8)

d52477001