Seeking Advice: Best Payment Methods for Transferring Funds from India to Russia for Artists

Hello everyone! I’ve been searching online without much luck for simple ways to send money from India to Russia. Are there any Russian artists here who could share which services are currently reliable for international payments? I want to ensure I can continue paying them without hassle. In the past, options like PayPal or Wise were viable, but unfortunately, these services are no longer available. So, if any artists from Russia or anyone else knows the latest trusted method for transferring money, I’d greatly appreciate your insight!
Thanks

It looks like cryptocurrency may be your only option left. Pretty much every other avenue has been cut off.

5 Likes

I have heard of people transferring money to a bank account opened by the Russian citizen in Kazakhstan. Then you would transfer the funds to that account. That said I do not recommend this as you will come under sanctions from the United States and its financial partners if they find out. Basically locked out of the western financial system.

My advice would be to wait for the war to be over.

3 Likes

While @Musashidan is correct about cryptocurrency, that may run you afoul of sanctions as well, and you really really really don’t want to do that. This is the best answer:

2 Likes

These sanctions are U.S imposed though. The OP is from India. No law is being broken. The average Russian citizen shouldn’t be punished for the decisions of their regime.

5 Likes

It might take a looooooooooong while though.
Even if things were to stop, US will just find another “reason” to sanction RF.
I mean, they’ve been doing this for years BEFORE the war. By the time things started, “sanctions” were already a meme. And average citizens were just laughing off “war sanctions” as US being cartoonishly stupid and not knowing when to drop the joke. Sure it hurts russian citizens, but as far as most people concerned US made this decision, so they are the “regime” in this equation, cynical and inhumane. It’s their mistake to fix.
This situation is not going to magically change now. Best we can hope is for another financial system to evolve here in countries independent from US.
Which will take a looooooooooooong time. If we are not nuked by then.

Meanwhile, you’d have to use far less popular methods or workarounds that might disappear at any given day :person_shrugging: Best not take things for granted.

3 Likes

Maybe going the old-fashioned route and posting a cheque in the mail?

I agree- my point was more that:

Even though the OP is from India, the payment method most likely goes through the US. This excludes PayPal, Zelle, CashApp, Venmo, and others- trying to move money into Russia from any country through those methods will not work. If it touches an American bank at any point, it’s game over.

I don’t agree with it at all, I think it’s stupid, but it’s still the case

3 Likes

Haha, have you ever heard about our infamous postal service? ='D It’s a disgrace of national proportions.
Or at least it was, maybe they’ve got better… but no one trusts them with anything important at this point.

@Debuk , well, I agree, it’s not the place to talk about it. But the point is that from here, western narrative doesn’t make any sense and severely lacking proof (and at the same time has no issues spreading increasingly stupid misinformation) :person_shrugging: Unless one of the sides changes their minds, it’ll never be over. And you have to plan accordingly.

It was a huge U.S blunder. It has tightened Russian/Chinese trade ties and greatly weakened the future power of the dollar in global trade. I believe in the next decade the BRICs countries will break all ties/reliance on the U.S dollar and probably switch to Yuan. The U.S has fked over far too many countries at this stage.

That seem to be the whole idea behind these alliances - there is nothing good coming from having just one world center. Definitely not with a problematic country like US as its leader.
So they work towards building something new. Something that hopefully won’t just collapse if/when the western economy does.

The Yuan also has major problems of its own as China is well known for trying to find ways to cheat at everything they do (for example, the discovery of the same serial code on multiple bills). Even their economic development is based on the construction of massive ghost cities that at last count can potentially hold over a billion people (above the country’s current population).

As for the collapse of the dollar, that could actually happen sooner than you think amid the rapid rise in calls for conservative states to outright break away from DC (which in turn will mean America no longer being found on a map).

It is not like the sanctions have had much effect anyway because Putin goes into wars to win them while the west goes into wars to try out some new defense toys and then run after a period of navel gazing (where are people like Winston Churchill when you need them).

1 Like

Hey @stray, thanks for reading and thinking about it, someone flagged it as offtopic and I had no time left to make whatever sort of change to it, thats why I decided to delete it then. Yeah centralized leaderships are almost never a good approach, autocratic regimes are a good representative for that being true.

But now lets finally stop with it, I think your evaluation and interpretations are heavily biased but still dont think this is the right place to discuss that.

1 Like

We are very far off-topic here. Let’s get back on track, please, thanks :slight_smile: The topic at hand is- “what payment methods are available for moving money from India to Russia?”

2 Likes

I’m curious how marketplaces like Blendermarket and Artstation continue to pay out to Russian creators on their platforms.

They don’t. A quick search will show many Russian creators who can’t use BlenderMarket anymore

Remit Finder.com

"Unfortunately, there is no legal way to send money from India to Russia at this time. This is because Russian banks have been debarred from using the SWIFT network and most major money transfer companies have halted money transfers to Russia."

1 Like