Seeking an Old Printed Article that Mentioned Blender

I’m looking for a an old article that mentioned Blender 3D. This article talked about how to make (a/your own) video game, and I believe the article came out around 2004. I thought that I read the article in a magazine, perhaps Game Informer, PC Magazine, Popular Mechanics, or a similar United States magazine. I’m sure it was physically printed. The year range for this article was likely around 2003-2007.

I’ve asked my local library, and they couldn’t find anything. I looked through descriptions on retromags.com, and didn’t see anything there that lined up. I’ve tried every magazine and book search I can think of, like google books, and still nothing.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

There used to be a blender magazine around that time I think, but it was made by the community with little to no budget so it was probably not printed, just digital (pdf).
Could it have been a magazine about open source software perhaps?
Also, in that timeframe I don’t think publications like 3dartist were doing articles about Blender but I’m not sure, maybe worth a look?

(I couldn’t find an official site)

1 Like

The magazine definitely wasn’t about Blender, it was a more general magazine like “popular mechanics” that had an article that mentioned tons of software the pros use, and happened to mention Blender in the article about modelling or something like that. I know for sure it was a physical piece, but the 3D Artist magazine was one I hadn’t thought to look back at, so thank you for the idea! It may have been about open source software, but I don’t remember one way or another on that specifically.