Select many objects at once in "scene" tab?

2.79 and prior I could select one object, and shift select another and it would select all objects in between on the list. This is no longer the case. What has this hotkey changed to?

Did that ever work? Never worked for me in vanilla Blender, not 2.79 nor 2.80, always had to box select. On the bright side, it’s in the gsoc outliner branch, hopefully in the master one day.

I suppose you can use the box select on the menu. I definitely remember shift select working before.

ye, I agree - that outliner update is long overdue, should work just like in any other software. That gsoc project has some really neat additions though, definitely worth waiting for.

Before I make a post, since you’re here… Would you happen to know how to make selecting between vert/face/edge bound to CTRL+tab again? Or is that context menu completely removed? I’m having a tough time adjusting to using the 1-2-3 keys and would rather just switch back to the “normal”

edit: maybe it was shift + tab before? funny how much I used it and I’m still not sure. pure muscle memory.

I switched to machin3tools, makes swtiching a lot faster (I like marking menus though, coming from maya) Don’t know why they changed that one, ctrl tab was better than 1-2-3 imo.

I’ll make a post, see if anyone knows how. I’ll check that out though. Thanks.