Sell me your stuff :)

Hi there, i am a creator for the game second life and sell virtual items inside the game.
3d files themselves are never sold, the item is loaded into the game and sold only inside the game.
I also provide the textures for players so that they can personalize.
If you agree with this concept then i am interested in purchasing low to medium poly non exclusive items.
I am interested in themed items such as :
valentines, far west, christmas, stores and fashion, industial, bags, hats, guns …whatever…
so post me what you’ve got and i’ll take a look :slight_smile:

I know this is maybe not the correct category but i didn’t know where to post as i’m not sure it fits in paid work.

I am very aware of the market and what is on it so please don’t try to sell me creations that are not your own.
Thank you

I should have added this info :

• UV mapped with textures
  • Under 25k poly is best

So, what do you do with the models when you buy one?
You put it to the market and answer the questions of the customers and work with the marketing?

It is ok deal that when some artist models you a model, he gets 50% of the estimated amount of money your company earns in the second life market with that particular model?

For example, if you estimate that the model will be sold 50 times with the price 2€, then you would give 50€ to the artist?

You maybe have some previous experiments of this, so you have some statistics of how different kind of things sell.

There is no easy answer to these questions but if you have some items and are interested then send me PM and we can chat :slight_smile:

Please can you at least show one model you’ve previously put to the market and was it how productive to you and to the artist?

There are people who would wanna model things for cash and maybe not interested to start their own market page, but you must give fair price for their job, because I’m quite sure that second life users will find the products by themselves without any straight marketing.

PM sent to discuss.

I understand your interest ArMan and i am happy to have a discussion with you on skype about everything as i said but it is a complex subject that i don’t wish to développe and debate here.
This post i am not looking for partnerships, i usually create my own mesh or purchase custom eventually. In this case I am just looking to have a larger number of products to increase market visibility.
Sales vary just like on any other platform, i can spend a week on an item and sell 10 or 5 min on an item and sell 500 you just never know. Prices are usually a few cents to 1$ Also depends allot on the added game assets and scripts/animation ect… The is no precise answer possible.

What I find strange is that the creator of a 13 years old game come to here to require models. I have a question: Can anyone sell models within that game?

Yep second life is still kicking on for now. And open to all to check out :slight_smile:

Second life is a game that has market place where everyone can start selling their models for players. I don’t know how much work it needs to have own market page there and also I don’t know how much the models costs in real money.

Here is few examples of models I found that might be something blender community can do.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Karacter-l-Executive-Glasses-l-GIFT/3981109

What comes to these models, I dont know how much it needs scripting skills to make them working. For example if we create him a knife asset, then how much he does work to make it like the character can hold it. Or if it’s a gun on vehicle, how will it start working on the game?

I also checked with internet tool about how popular the market place in second life is. And it seems quite popular as you can see here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5904620/Blender_aid/sl.jpg

For comparison, here is what unity asset store is worth of.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5904620/Blender_aid/unity.jpg

lol its been years ago before i used blender, i scripted and builded in SL too, i liked the idea of building something while others could watch it (something not possible in blender). its an open market kinda, where people dress up avatars, or make space ships etc.
the problem with SL i think that its hype is mostly over, still there are lot of people on it, but the virtual world has lots of “death areas”.
I mean abandoned areas with houses (private /chat areas) and shops.

kinda curious, what Blender tools are there these days to create something in SL ?.
sculpties ? (they had their own 3d format, called sculpties), or some new mesh import method ?.

Yeah the hype is over and the creators are currently working on the next generation “project sensar” which will not include any of the current second life content. But its still worth taking a look, its more a social media not a game.
Still the same principal with lots of areas that are desert when owner is offline. And yes now we can pay to import mesh items for the last 4 years or so which is a big upgrade :slight_smile:

I would try to make something like the jewelry and sell that to you. How much are you paying?

How much are you paying?

Nothing its in volunteers work, hes only after free stuff, that he can claim and sell, that’s why he want unique stuff.
He doesn’t even bother answering questions, only trough chat, so copy/paste bullshit.

Under 25k poly is best

second life stuff, 25k poly? so you gonna adjust it and claim it to your own, indeed easy money.

So, what do you do with the models when you buy one?
You put it to the market and answer the questions of the customers and work with the marketing?

It is ok deal that when some artist models you a model, he gets 50% of the estimated amount of money your company earns in the second life market with that particular model?

For example, if you estimate that the model will be sold 50 times with the price 2€, then you would give 50€ to the artist?

You maybe have some previous experiments of this, so you have some statistics of how different kind of things sell.

There is no easy answer to these questions but if you have some items and are interested then send me PM and we can chat

but in pm or chat it’s easy haha.

1. sell in game make money
  2. yes and no, i can give the artist a % (or not depending on quality)
  3. you do, because you announced yourself as ‘i am a creator for the game second life and sell virtual items inside the game.’ so tell us.

aren’t this easy answers? (guess not).

why would we trust someone who don’t give any information at al?
you dodge questions that’s it. you wanna buy but your not even giving a price indication/range.

I smell rotten fish here.