Send, Plant, Grow The Light

Had an idea that sorta evolved. There’s a meaning behind it, a spiritual one obviously.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3600/spreadthelight4dn.jpg
Let me know what you think.
-Jimmy

i completely enjoy this one, well almost…

the white “wings” of the seed are a bit too thick and/or not transparent enough. Great idea though! Nice to see something like this from Mr. JackBlack!

Hmm… Nearly 200 views and only 1 comment, well C&C welcomed of course. I agree with lucid monkey and it is something I’m working on. I’m also trying to get some better color and character.

Kind of random, but I really really love the rocks at the base of the flower, beautiful composition on them, nice color choices, and awesome noise there. Really completes the picture, in my opinion. 10/10!

So… religion is like a weed… spread soley by the aimless, random gusting of the wind… only to become tenaciously embedded in the fertile “soil” of humanity and leech away precious nutrients from other nobler, more nourishing growth…?

:smiley: just kidding.

Great pic! I’d say the ground would look more interesting if there were more of the clods/rocks spread about that are now only under the leaf area. (Or was that meant to represent the weed’s disruption of a smooth area? - had to think about that one…) The “seed” sparks look great - maybe more in a cross shape on the last one?

Ooo… Ouch, well why is the dandelion considered a weed? As far as I know, they don’t kill other plants, and they’re roots have been known to produce steriod like effect (from a book I read).

Yeah, I know of people who use the leaves in salad! And then there’s the famous book Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. I just know I hate ‘em growin’ in my yard (I pay my kids a penny for each yellow flower they pick in Spring.) Just ignore my lame interpretation… I’m always looking on the down side of things…:rolleyes:

An excellent idea and render, jackblack. The image can be interpreted in several ways, which makes it all the more interesting to me.

RobertT

With the furthest seed on the left, it seems as though the light isn’t centred on the seed like it is on the rest of the seeds. Looks to me like it’s shifted off to the right. Also looks like that particular light is too big compared to the rest of the seeds, although I realise it’s closer to the camera.

Aside from that, it’s very sleek, nice to see :).