Senior 3D Artist - Character Art focus - Unannounced Game
Company Website: https://www.reanimated.digital (under construction)
Other Post https://remotegamejobs.com/jobs/reanimated-digital-senior-3d-artist-unannounced-game-remote-job
Reanimated Digital is a new indie studio with secured funding looking for a Senior 3D artist with ample Character Artist experience for our tenured team. We are working on a grassroots, 3D MMORPG with unique features and are looking for passionate developers to join in early in our growth.
Our Senior 3D artist position is open to artists with experience in creating and implementing high-quality 3D art assets, specifically stylised character art, in the Unity engine, as well as communicating their work effectively and concisely with studio leadership. You will join an exceptional team of industry professionals with expertise in the field who will trust you to self-manage many aspects of your role.
You will be given the freedom of self-selecting your hours to meet your weekly responsibilities. You will work closely with the Art Director, Project Manager and the rest of your art team to ensure that the game’s visuals are of the highest quality and meet the creative vision for the project. We are looking for artists that excel in stylised character designs.
- Create and design high-quality 3D characters for our video games, using a variety of software and tools.
- Working with other disciplines, such as development, animation and more. Clear written and verbal communication skills are very important to us.
- Work collaboratively with the Art Director and other artists to ensure that the game’s visuals are consistent and of the highest quality.
- Utilise industry-standard software and tools to create assets and ensure they are optimised for performance and to ensure that the quality of work is consistent and of the highest standard
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings and scrums to keep the team aware of what you are working on.
- Work with the Project Manager to organise Art team meetings to provide your team with feedback on performance, monitoring and training the team to best achieve Art goals.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D character artist, particularly in the gaming industry.
- Significant knowledge of industry-standard software and tools, such as Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Marmoset and Photoshop. We also appreciate experience in iconography, typography, colour theory, shape language, marketing/branding and art direction.
- Excellent understanding of character design, anatomy, and animation. Ample understanding of 3D modelling, texturing, UV mapping/unwrapping.
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for video game development with deep understanding of the digital entertainment world and its technologies, technical constraints and terminologies, especially implementing art into Unity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in mentoring junior artists and including studio leadership in your work process.
- Awareness of current trends in social media, video games especially MMORPGs.
Desired Experience / Nice to Haves:
For this position, we are also taking into consideration the following:
- Experience in character animation for video games.
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning for characters.
- Knowledge iconography, typography, colour theory, shape language, marketing/branding and art direction.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
How to apply:
Email us at [email protected] to organise a time for an interview. Please include a copy of your CV, especially including a summary of your experience managing a team, or working at other game development studios. We would like to see a portfolio of your previous work, especially on 3d models.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Reanimated Digital is a fledgling company with a rich history of video game development - our team has been working together since 2019 to develop MMORPGs.
We are an international, remote studio and it is important to us that our time be flexible with respect to time-zone, personal experiences and diversity of culture and lifestyle.
Reanimated Digital encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We are proud to have a strong company culture of respect for varied life experiences.