sentinel-bug: motion test

one of those “let’s-start-with-a-box-and-see-what-comes-out” projects. oh, and my first post here… most time i’m busy keeping the real business going.

http://www.brainiacs.at/ressources/blender/sent.jpg

basically i wanted a insect-like robot, with thin, long legs. it turned out that i liked what i did, so i decided to rig the bug and make a small motion test. walking, a jump, and… a surprise (kind of).

grab the DivX-5 compressed avi here:

c&c welcome

marin

Nicely done solmax.

I really like the quick, jerky movements that you would expect from a bot of this size. Very quick, not so fluid movements. You pulled it off well.

BgDM

very nice solmax! i love it! it reminds me of an actual robot i built (http://www.solarbotics.com/pimg/5/image_large1/id34/jpg/k_w1.jpg)

keep it up! :wink:

The swaying motion of the bug is not very real, but other than that I think it is very good. I like the ending where the block gets knocked over.

I was thinking that maybe somebody could use blender’s game engine to make a virtual robot bug like yours! That would be nice.

that would be sweet! and if you could interact with really realistic settings and have new maps come out every month and … enough dreaming! ya that would be cool though if you have a virtual interaction with the robot - maybe two fighting ones?! :smiley:

that would be sweet! and if you could interact with really realistic settings and have new maps come out every month and … enough dreaming! ya that would be cool though if you have a virtual interaction with the robot - maybe two fighting ones?! :D[/quote]

:o :o Drool drool.

Yeah! Maybe some good scripters could get together and do that, and the maps and stuff will be put in a sticky on the game engine forum! :smiley:

Very cool.

It must have some good sensors, because I don’t see any eyes! :smiley:

man…you guys are good at this stuff… blender is the best 3D program/game engine out there! I’ve been working with blender for 3 years and I’m still a beginner…can’t find enough tutorials and the manual is too expensive…dang it!!!

why get a scripter too do that u mean like a robot that could walk and interact with things i could try it for a while and maby someone with me? i got enough free time i could try it :D.

NOR.J is a good person to help you. Or z3r0 d. You can e-mail a file to me at: [email protected] .

Let’s stay on topic now.

yeah ok well im a good buddy of nor’s and he’s a bit busy so ill ask z3r0 d ok back too the bug its really cool i love mechanics i build little things like that altho mine cant jump :D. erm very cool more anim’s :D.plz

hey ok we are up and running :D. im gonna make a thread of this once we get stuff to show btw nor’s in :D.

dude do u mind if we have the idea of your robot thing?

It reminds me of that great minority report spider scene…

Very nice job! Turned out to be one of the cooler out-of-the-box projects

• Bentagon