Several Questions i have

I have several questions about blender and its game maker.

How do you transition between levels that you make?

How do you merge multiple meshes to a few bones?

What are the basic steps of making a Game in Blender?

How do you make a landscape similar to a Zelda games landscape in Blender?

How do you make a model move a certain way when you press a certain way?

Videos are welcom. Thank you.:wink:

wow. Social must still be laughing if he hasnā€™t already chewed this one outā€¦

why would he chew me out i put it in the right forum i think

It depends on the chosen method (there are a few). Usually, most people will use blender scenes to store levels, and transition to those scenes using the ā€œset sceneā€ actuator. Another option would be to have multiple standalones (one for each level), which you could then load with the ā€œstart new gameā€ actuator.

And yet another way would be to have a single scene, and a special loading function using ā€œadd objectā€, which could build your level just using data from a file (this would require python).

How do you merge multiple meshes to a few bones?
Hmm, Iā€™m not really a ā€œboneā€ expert, but I think youā€™d have to merge multiple meshes into a single mesh, and then set the bone rig for that one object.

What are the basic steps of making a Game in Blender?
There is no general methodology. In short, itā€™s whatever ā€œbasic stepsā€ you feel comfortable with.

However, I would recommend that you read this tutorial:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78643

How do you make a landscape similar to a Zelda games landscape in Blender?
By modeling, and texturing a landscape similar to a Zelda games landscape.

How do you make a model move a certain way when you press a certain way?
Search the game engine forums for an ā€œarmatureā€ tutorial. Something should pop up.

lol yes but do some search by yourself before posting a thread in this forum! therā€™s a lot of documentation out there, just search for them!

Thank you this helps i just hate some of these search engines i ask for blender 3d and they give me shake recipies

but thanks realy it helps big time im a kid trying to make a game when i have alot of school work to do but im pretty far into this for someone my age:):cool:

1. Create the levels in different scenes and use the Scene actuator.

2. Iā€™d recommend joining the meshes before attaching them to an armature.

3. You design your game. You make the models. You make the textures. You program the game. You make the sounds/music. You release the game. These can be rearranged into any order, except for the first and last.

4. Not familiar with Zelda, so I canā€™t answer this, sorry

5. Use the motion actuator and the keyboard sensorā€“you do know the logic bricks, right?

Yes i think know the logic bricks but how do you get to the scene actuator and does it actualy change the level when you reach a certian area

The Scene actuator only lets you set which level you want to switch to. To make it happen at a specific point, I would set up a sort of invisible wall for the player to run into, with a Collision sensor to detect the player. That Collision sensor would be set up to trigger the Scene actuator.

so dd a censor to an invisible wall wich wil activate the next scene

Hereā€™s my example of changing scenes. It also has a save/load script so you can save your property data (scores etc.) between scenes.

http://www.4shared.com/file/23615919/91c61760/FPSSA.html

this might be a little much for blender but is it possible to make a free roaming game like zelda

ok thanks lots

Hereā€™s a brief explanation of how logic bricks work: The sensor detects something. It tells the Controller itā€™s attached to that it has detected something. If there are multiple sensors connected to the same Controller, if it is set to AND it will fire if both Sensors are firing, if it is set to OR it will fire when either sensor fires. When the Controller fires, it will activate the Actuator(s) it is connected to.

oh ok i get it