Shading changes between eevee and cycles

Okay, I’m having some shading issues when I render in cycles which I don’t have when I render in Eevee is there a way to fix the issues in cycles, I would prefer to use cycles for my renders, Thanks. The image with the blue circle is eevee the shading is flat, but in cycles the one with red there are some shading issues.

Well… Cyles and EEVEE are different render engines and also have some different features and restrictions… so i gues you have to share somethign about your material setup so that someone might say something about this… there are also different parameter about rays bounces and shadow (something) features… just to name some example…

… there is a reason why you can choose All, Eevee and Cyles in the Material Output node … :wink:

Its just the base principaled bsdf shader with texture maps basecolor, roughness, normal, metallic.

Hard to say without seeing the mesh and the light setup, but that shadow may be caused by the meshes face normals. So take care that there are no custom split normals and try weighted normals.

Yes… but again… different render engines handle the computation slighly different…
…you may have read about glass shaders and the differences in eevee with light bounces and in cycles with even caustics… very very different…

…for this shadow it also might be some different handling in the ligth fall off… maybe even trying some additional light source from the front in eevee… ??

It looks like maybe you just need some support loops.
If that is the case try Auto smooth (right click the object “shade auto smooth”)

or add a bevel modifier to the object like this:

This automatically adds support loops, it will work in most situations depending on the topology.

or manually add support loops.

Well just for an example… left Eevee right Cycles…

And the blend file q-.blend (117.1 KB)

…so you have to find the “right/different” settings for them to look almost the same…