Shading the lips - beginner help

I added skin texture using shading tab for my object character using a tutorial online, and I want to add lip coloring, I tried vertex group but it doesn’t look good with principled bsdf alone, what should I do? help.

Moved this to #support:materials-and-textures

I would gladly help, but i know alot of people are far better than me with this so i’ll leave it up to them.

apologies for the wrong category used! thank you for moving it. :blush:

1 Like

Please any little help would do!

Hum,
You can probably start by tweaking the principled shader to a red/pink color with low roughness ,
Maybe a bit of subsurface scattering, something similar to what you have with the skin , but different color and lower roughness.

That will be a bit better , but probably look like plastic because it will lack these kind of vertical patterns :

But for that the best option would be to retopo the model and do a proper UV unwrap. And either paint the texture , or tweak an existing one in order to make a bump map.

With vertex paint you can probably do some color variation, but the mesh will probably lack some definition to make these pattern.

1 Like

that’s genius! thank you so much!!! I copy-paste the nodes but the vertex group for the lip material is scattered and messy, how do I blur the corners out to complement the skin?

Cool !

You can use this brush :

1 Like